Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'm getting my Zoom Zoom on...

It's Thursday. There is a link party at the bottom of today's entry.

We all know that cars won't last forever.
I buy used vehicles, and I tend to pick up slightly older models because it fits my budget so well when I do.

This is my old friend.  And it was my very first car ever, all my own.
A 1998 Mazda Protege LX Touring Edition, automatic transmission.


While the body of the car looks ok except for some rust at the back wheel wells, it's the harsh Canadian winters with the salted roads that rot out the underside of the vehicles here.  My car was very old by today's standards.  It was a 14 year old car.  It has served me well and got me to many places safely and comfortably.  It was 8 years old when I bought it, and I enjoyed 6 years with this car.
It was a sad day when my mechanic was reviewing all the things that needed repair due to the under side aging.  We finally hit the point that my mechanic was advising me that it would be unwise to continue to repair this car.  It has finally hit the point that more and more major things can start to go wrong and the repairs cost more than the car is worth.

So I went shopping this week and I found this.


This is my new car to get me all the places I need to be.  Once again it's an older model, it's a 2003.
A 2003, Mazda Protege 5 Hatchback, with all the nice features that come standard on these cars, and it's a manual transmission this time. 
These cars have really great reviews.  I got it for a very fair price too.

Sadly...today I will say goodbye to my old friend, but I am very grateful for that car and how reliable it was.  Now I will get to enjoy my new car and I am sure to get a few good years out of this one too.

Thursdays I offer a link up party with the hopes that others will show me what they are up to also. 
Please feel free to add a link to your blog below.
Thanks for reading.

Cassie





8 comments:

  1. Waw! There’s no question that a silver car like this looks incredible! As I have observed, this kind of color makes the dirt, scratches, and dings not so noticeable. I also believe that silver cars are such enduring favorites, and they’re much easier to resell than any other colors! Congrats on your new car! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the congrats! I have been enjoying the car for almost a month now and I must say that I bought very well. It runs very well, drives great, and I am sure it's a more comfortable cabin than the older car. Hubby and kids like it too.
    I seem to have a thing for Mazda's and this car delivers all the bells and whistles. It is the reason that, with careful shopping, you can buy private sale, check it with your mechanic first and do a smart buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. The time would really come to say goodbye to some things we grew up with. But after that, a new one would come for us to create new memories with. :) I wish you well with your new car. Don’t forget to always check whether its engine is still in good condition. You’re keeping yourself safe by doing this. ;)

    Tyra Shortino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying a used car is definitely a smart decision. It gives you the freedom to choose the car that you want at a very manageable price, without necessarily having to sacrifice in terms of the quality of the car. Some car companies churn out vehicles at such a fast rate that the price of previously owned vehicles fall rapidly, even though the car itself is still in excellent condition. Well, I’m glad you’ve found another reliable used car as a replacement to your old one. That looks like a brand new car! Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the congratulations. I have been driving it for just over a month now and it's GREAT!

      Delete
  5. It’s really sad that you had to say goodbye to the car that served you for very long time. I’m pretty sure you had lots of good memories with it, memories you will never forget. But losing it isn’t a reason to be sad because you did get a new one. A new friend to love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, Cassie! My brother actually has this 2003 Mazda Protégé 5 Hatchback. He bought it brand new and it still works great until now. He loves the car so much, to the point that he doesn’t want to replace it unless it’s completely broken down. I love this car too because it is very comfy and handy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...