Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Organized Skin Care

I am still very busy with back to school shopping.  I am not accomplishing much else right now, but we are getting closer to done with each passing day.

The awesome thing about writing a blog is you can just share what you're up to, and this week it is shopping and preparing for school and fall routine.

We bought a big haul of skin care and cosmetics today.


In the above picture you will see Yves Rocher, all natural and botanical, made in France skin care and cosmetic products.  There is 2 full sets of skin care, one for Mom (me) and one for my daughter (Samantha).

I have been very stubborn over my life with regards to skin care.  I strongly object to the high prices of skin care regimes.  I reason in my mind that, to some extent, skin is skin, and if I can wash my body with soap and use a basic moisturizer, why does the skin on my face need something crazy expensive?  I wonder what ratio of the scientifically advanced ingredients are in those products?
I do have to concede that the skin on my face does feel different than the skin on my arms, legs, or feet, and perhaps it does warrant some additional care...
I have used basic soap and water with a plain moisture lotion for most of my life.  Every once in a while I try a skin care program for a while, but I just tend towards what is simple and affordable.  I don't tend to stick with any one thing.  
Maybe this is a new start?  I hope every time!

The fall season and some current, new breakouts on my face have prompted a time for change. 

The skin care I bought was VERY affordable.  The face washes and toners and moisture creams were all on sale for half price and CHEAPER than your local drugstore products on sale.   In fact, all of the beauty products I bought were on sale for half price or even less than half price.   I am pretty sure that Yves Rocher is a global company, and you can probably find one local or order on-line. 

What I love about these products is that they are pure botanical products made in France with organic farming.  This means "without the use of fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides.  Only the use of natural insecticides and fungicides and maintenance by hand or mechanical means are authorized. No chemical weed control is carried out." (quoted from Yves Rocher catalogue 2012)  Please note, I have no sponsorship from Yves Rocher, I am simply highlighting a product I found and I am excited about. 

What we bought: 

So my sweet daughter and I each got a face wash.  She is trying the refreshing gel wash and I am trying the hydrating cleansing milk. 





I come from the generation that uses a toner if you are actually adhering to a skin care regime, so of course we bought a toner each too.  The toner is to further rinse away traces of the face wash and freshen the pores of your skin and tighten them.  This is to make you ready for the moisturizer.




The final step is the moisturizer.  I am sure there are special eye creams, etc, but for someone as stubborn about affordable skin care as myself, getting the basic 3 steps in place is more than enough.
Did I mention that this stuff smells AMAZING! AND IT'S SOOOOO AFFORDABLE!  A BIG QUALIFIER FOR ME! 



After we had selected the face care, I was in serious need of some cosmetic upgrades. The supply just needs freshening once in a while.!
 I am going to do a future blog entry to re-organize of my make-up box.  I use a make-up box (plastic container) not a make-up bag.   Maybe later this week. 

 In any event, I got the mascara, eyeshadow and lip gloss for half price and even more than half price.  There isn't a hubby around that can object to this kind of economical shopping!

Length building mascara, mauve tinted lip gloss, plum coloured nail polish. (for feet only, nothing lasts on a natural nail that I have found, so I just keep my fingernails au' naturel. ) 


Beige/neutral shades of eyeshadow.  


The secret to good make-up is to look natural.  Your guy doesn't want you to look caked with make-up.  Check any magazine article or ask any guy, and they like a natural beauty.  The French women aim for a look that tricks you into thinking the just look that good naturally!  Hence, the natural shades of eyeshadow.  The French women of the world have a long time practice at fashion and beauty.  Google the ways of French women beauty and style.  I think you'll be inspired! 

And...finally....I fell sucker to an up-sale at the cash counter.   These are facial wash cloths for those nights when you are just waaaaaaaaay too tired to give a care if you wash your face before bed or not.  And once again, they were just under half price.  I couldn't resist!  


That is the end of the skin care and make-up shopping spree for back to school and back to fall work.
I'll let you know in a few months if I am sticking to this routine and if I can still find the products or others on sale.  

Do you have an organized skin care regime? 

You might have noticed that I never said I don't make efforts to take care of my skin.  In fact, I am the one who blogged about the glories of all over body moisturizer!   Skin care is important, I am just super stubborn that it should be affordable!

Steps to an organized skin care regime: 

1. Determine your skin type.  Are you a normal type? Dry? Oily? Combination?
2. Select any reasonable routine you will adhere to with consistency. Reasonable includes affordable and matched to your skin type.  I am definitely a combination skin type. 
3. Buy the products that will support that plan.  Take some time and shop around.  Find a sale or find the company that is right for you.  Between organic and affordable, I found a company that seems right to me right now with Yves Rocher. 
4. Take careful care of your skin.  Adhere to a skin care regime.  Start with something simple (like I do! LOL!) and... the most powerful skin care regime is the one you will stick to!  Feel free to check out the products by Yves Rocher,  they feel smooth and light, and while some of their products are full price, I was able to find a great sale, and I bet you can too.  They have a back to school sale on right now that will set you up nicely.


Anyways, Thanks for reading as we have our very busy week in preparations for back to school.
Go make your skin care for your and your family part of your back to school preparations, and before you know it, you'll have Organized Skin Care!

Thanks for reading,

Cassie













I'm linked up with:




4 comments:

  1. The various natural organic skin care products available are discussed in this article. You will also be able to see the benefits you can get by using these products.

    Body Wrap Temecula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew for the reply. The more research I do, the more natural I want to go. There is enough toxins in our daily life a s city dwellers that we can't avoid, we should take care to eliminate toxins where we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice beauty sharing such a lovely blog having Excellent content regarding skin issues find out more Skin care
    obagi skin care products

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! I am always tinkering with mine and forever trying to find dupes for what I am using and/or something that works to keep my skin perfect.
    Skincare in San Ramon CA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...