Monday, August 6, 2012

Helping my Sister

I am off on a vacation again this week.  The family just home, as we are still working on some projects around the house.

Part of my holiday, I chose to take a day and help my sister.  She has had some painting jobs waiting in her house since may.  Very shortly after they bought the paint, her husband was in an accident that landed him the hospital for a couple of months.  Her hubby is ok, and will make a full rcovery!
However, house projects like painting have had to sit and wait.

The Bible says we are created to do good works.  We did that. My mother, my daughter and myself all went together and painted the bathroom, diningroom and hallway.  This is almost half of the main level of their tiny home that dates back to probably 1930's.

I worked soooo hard.  The home is not air conditioned and I got a terrible heat rash on my neck.  I took a bath as soon as I got home to soothe my tired body.

When my sister came home (a bit early!) with her hubby, they were so delighted!
This effort yesterday created a meaningful time with my mother, daughter and myself, and blessed my sister and brother in law.

I wish I had thought to take a picture, but I was there to work, and I was quite focused.

Here is a picture of my sister and her husband on their wedding day. Vicki and Phil. Its the only photo I had handy with both of the smiling together!  all the other pics are kinda impromtu.



You can organized meaningful times with your family too by planning intentional time together.

I look forward to sharing my organizing projects with you this week.

Thanks for reading.

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...