Friday, July 13, 2012

Party Plan - GO!

It's crunch time, the party is tomorrow.
I am away with the ladies at my church all day tomorrow too.  We are off to a rural Menonite community to shop and enjoy the company of women.
For sure I will be bringing home some honey, sausages and cheese!

This means that the house preparations and party planning must be most of the way done today.  I can't leave my hubby to do it all while I am gone.



Here is a picture of my party list.  It includes the attendee's and who is confirmed or declined.
The menu and drink plan is there also.  From here I will build the grocery list and buy the supplies for the party.

Being organized is what allows us to make special times and enjoy them too.  You don't want that pit in the stomach feeling that comes with being unprepared or rushed.  A very important part of organizing is learning to adjust and re-organize when life messes up your best laid plans.

The painting project this week.  It has swallowed most of our week.  Sometimes by the evening we were just so tired we relaxed and watched a movie as a family.  I honestly thought the painting would be done by Tuesday, and it took until Thursday.  We still have a few areas to touch up where the paint needs a second coat on the edges.  The hubby says he will take care of that.

So now I have a choice to make, I can get upset that my "to do" list for yard work, gardens, tidy up etc isn't where I wanted it, or I can adjust to the new situation.  In the past I must confess, I would be in a total flap.  Now I am learning that part of being organized to to adjust your plan to a realistic pace and then WORK THAT PLAN.

Today we will concentrate on making the yard look nice and inviting, get everything swept and those weeds pulled that seem to like to torture us by coming back with a vengeance.  They seem to come back almost overnight, and weed killing products have been outlawed here, so we just have to keep pulling. 

Remember this blog was started because I am not a "born organized" person.  I have been learning the value and payoff's that being organized brings.  The rewards are many.  Anyone can become organized and re-write this part of their character.  You can do it and so can I.  You must be kind to yourself when journeying to organized and remind yourself of the areas you have done well already. 

Do you get discouraged that it isn't all done already?  Go now and open that drawer you have sorted and remind yourself that it wasn't that way last week, but it is now.  Like penecillin working through the body a bit at a time, your organizing will work through your life a bit at a time.  Drawer by drawer, room by room, social by social, calendar even by calendar event etc. 

Well, I have to go now.  I'm off to WORK MY PLAN as I finish the cleaning, shopping and party preparations so that my organizing will allow me to really enjoy a special party with my friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...