Friday, November 2, 2012

Assassins's Creed Costume

I have had a crazy busy week.  I wanted to do this post on Wednesday, and I am just completing it now, on Friday.

My daughter wanted a costume for Halloween from the video game Assassin's creed.
The character is Aveline de Grandpre.

This costume was very complex.  My daughter Samantha modified a vest pattern to give the jacket the length and the points on the ends.  We used a sleeve pattern from a blouse pattern for the sleeves that we attached to the vest.

I had to make the pattern from scratch and add all seam allowances, etc to make the shoulder covering.

The hat was made with 2 different hats from the dollar store cut apart and covered with fabric and re-assembled to the hat you see.

This costume was many, many hours of work.  The project was too complex to show pictures of the step by step process.

In any event, the costume was completed and below you will see the work.   Ta-dah!


Doesn't she look fantastic!
The scarf and belt ties made too.  Samantha made the Assassin's Creed belt buckle.


The pictures are slightly fuzzy because I used my cell phone and my hand is not that steady.  Sorry about that. 

Well, that's it until the next sewing project!

I look forward to sharing some more posts with you on meal planning and great food to eat.

Have a great weekend!

Cassie


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...