Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover & Linky Party


At the bottom of the post you can join my link party.

I am currently looking for ideas to organize my laundry room.  Once I complete some of those other projects that I have on the go, I am hoping to tackle the LAUNDRY ROOM.

The key to a great laundry room is to have both function and form.
We have to sort out bulky bottles of detergents, large pieces of equipment, added storage space, and on top of all that, many of us have a very limited space to work with for the laundry room.

I thought I'd share some great websites and blogs I have found while working on my plan for my improved laundry room.   These demonstrate some really beautiful rooms, and many of them give you great ideas for making an organized laundry room a reality.

Here is 10 really great laundry rooms I found.

1. From the blog: iheartorganizing.blogspot.com   

Everyone just loves her organizing and decorating style.  I agree.  What's not to like!

To check out her laundry room Click Here. 


2.  From the blog: sandandsisal.com 

She has a nice fresh look to her laundry room, and I love how the shelves put her laundry products at fingertip access, right by the machines.
I also totally loves those shelves for the laundry baskets.  How smart!

To check out her laundry room some more Click Here. 

3. From the blog: beneathmyheart.net 

I really like that this laundry room is dealing with a smaller space and no window.  
I love the carpet and the bright fresh colours.
I also like how the cabinetry the found to install put everything neatly away and really pulled the room together.
Super bonus!  This project was done on a very tight budget.  We can all learn from this kind of creativity.

To see this laundry room Click Here.

4. From the blog: maillardvillemanor.com

Here is another smart laundryroom set up.
I love the dark colour washer and dryer in contrast to the bright white, and I just love that hanging bar right over the washer.  So convenient!
This laundry room was also done on a budget.  VERY IMPRESSIVE!


To see this laundry room Click Here.

5. From the blog: Cobblestonefarms.blogspot.ca

I like that this has the door to outside.  Sigh!  Beautiful isn't it!
I also like that the home owner did such a good job of keeping this in theme with the style of her home.
The space is very bright and pretty.

To see more of her laundry room Click Here. 

6. From the blog: houseofsmiths.com

I absolutely love this idea and the fact you can make it on your own.
If you are like me, you actually have an entire bag of socks that have lost their life partner, but this would be a great place to hang items you want to find the matching other for super quick!
Every time someone comes into the laundry room, this board is right there to remind you!

To see the instructions for this project Click Here. 

7. from the blog: pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.ca

This one I like that she was so honest about how her laundry space was usually a busy and kinda messy place.
I love the way she used a door mat to create art for the wall.  So smart!
I also like that she posted her budget and shopping resources.  

To see this laundry room makeover Click Here.

8. From the website: www.myhomeideas.com 

This Chic Yellow Laundry Room has a very nice use of space.
I love the colours, but what I love even more is the built in counter that created new workspace in a laundry room that would have limited work space otherwise.
Check this site out - there's lots of projects and ideas.

To see this and other projects Click Here.

9. From the Website HGTV

We have to include friends like HGTV (no sponsorship, really!) in a top 10 list.
This link has laundry rooms as creative and varied as our homes.
Some of them are so nice, you have to look twice to remind yourself its a laundry room!  WOW!

To see this and other laundry rooms Click Here. 



10.  from the blog: thingsthatinspire.com

Ok, she didn't actually display her laundry room yet either, but she made a really cool gallery of laundry rooms to look at too.
I posted the picture that has my most favourite idea.  I love those drying racks.

To ooh and ah at even more laundry rooms, Click Here.

Thanks for reading.  If you have any ideas you'd like to share with me as I plan my laundryroom, I'd love to hear what's working for you.  Please contact me, or add your link below. 

Here it is!  A Linky Party.  Add your link below.  I'd love to hear about your laundry room, or any organizing, home improvement project, or anything to do with family, faith, food, home, and improving our daily lives.






4 comments:

  1. Love the laundry room inspiration! Mine is in the garage and could use a lot of help... haha!

    And thanks for holding the link party :)

    -Kayla
    http://whateverislovely-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla,
      Thanks so much for your comment and for being the first to join my link party.
      My laundry room is also in need of much work, hence the research first.
      I'll be sure to post the makeover when it happens.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for gathering all these great laundry blogs together! Between this and Ikeafans.com, I think I have enough ideas now to plan out my laundry room makeover.

    -Non-blogging, non-Pinteresting, handyman Grandma Peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice information blog. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...